Features to consider when choosing a mug press
As you can imagine, there are plenty of features that you need to take into account when you are buying a new mug press. In this section, we will guide you through all of the most important factors you need to take into account so that you can have confidence in your final purchase and pick the perfect press for you.
When it comes to transferring your images to your mug, there are two different options you can choose from. You can either use heat transfer or sublimation. Both of these methods work very well, but they do have some distinct advantages and disadvantages that you should be aware of before you make your final purchase.
- Heat Transfer – Perhaps the best thing about using heat transfer technology is that it is inexpensive. When you are using a press that uses heat transfer, like the PlanetFlame Mug Heat Press Machine, you will need heat transfer paper, which doesn’t cost all that much. From there, you simply allow the machine to do the work for you. Once you have heated and pressed your image onto the mug, it is very similar to painting it on. As such, you need to make sure to not be too rough with the design while washing and rinsing, or it will start to come off over time.
- Sublimation – Unlike heat transfer paper, sublimation paper is quite expensive, which shouldn’t be all that surprising, considering the highly advanced technology it is used in. Sublimation is a process that, through heat and pressure, allows your design to actually become part of the mug, rather than just ink that is added on top. This makes the design much more durable and should provide longer-lasting results in comparison to a mug design produced through the heat transfer process.
How many mugs can it hold at a time?
If you are someone that is looking to start up a business of making custom mug designs, then this is an extremely pertinent question. The more mugs you can create at once, the more you will be able to supply to your customers. On the other hand, if you are only looking for a mug press to make one or two mugs at a time as gifts for your friends and family, you can save a bit of money by making sure to get a press that can only fit one or two mugs at a time.
If you are in the market for a mug press that can make massive amounts of mugs at one time, then the INTBUYING ST-3042 is going to be your best bet. This press can be used to sublimate up to 12 mugs at once, which is a huge time saver. Of course, if you are only looking to make small batches of mugs, you could probably save yourself some money and get the Zerone ST-210, which can be used for one or two mugs at a time.
Temperature and time controls
Depending on the types of images you want to put onto your mugs, you are going to need to use different temperatures and amounts of time. As such, it is always a good idea to get a press that will allow you to set the exact temperature you need and be able to keep an accurate timer so that you don’t overheat your image.
Many presses come with very basic controls that make it quick and easy to get to the right temperature for the right amount of time each and every time you make a new mug. The Mophorn Heat Press, for instance, has very basic controls that are very easy to use. If you like to have even more input over your temperature and time, then you will need more advanced controls. The Estink ST-110 has an LCD display that allows you to quickly and easily read through your time and heat levels so that you make great designs every time.
Sizes of mugs it’s compatible with
Something else that you will want to pay close attention to is the different sizes of mugs you can use with your new press. The last thing you want to do, especially if you are looking to get started in a design business, is to limit the size and types of mugs you can use in your press. Of course, as you would expect, with additional versatility comes an additional cost, so keep that in mind as well before you make your final decision.
The PlanetFlame Mug Heat Press Machine actually offers the best of both worlds in this regard. It has the widest range of mug size compliance, as it can be used with 5-11 ounce mugs. It is also one of the most budget-friendly options available as well since it can only be used on one mug at a time. Another good option, if you are looking for a range of mug sizes, is the Mophorn Heat Press, which can be used on mugs from 7-11 ounces.
Another factor that you need to take into account before you purchase your new press is its overall dimensions. Since you, most likely, won’t be keeping this press out all of the time, it is a good idea to look for one that you can easily store in a closet or cabinet. That way, it will be out of the way until you need to use it. Of course, if you have a larger, more dedicated work area for your printing business, the overall dimensions probably won’t come into play all that much.
If you are looking for a smaller model, then the Estink ST-110 is a great buy. This press is extremely compact, which makes it easy to store in a cabinet until you need to use it. If space isn’t an issue for you, however, then the F2C Pro Sublimation Heat Press Machine just might be the right model. This machine is quite large since it can be used to print on more than just mugs.
Whenever you are purchasing something new, whether it be a coffee maker, washing machine, or mug press, it is always a good idea to look for a model that comes with a good warranty. That way, you will be covered if anything should break on it through normal use. You need to make sure, however, to read through the warranty information as carefully as possible.
Lots of companies will claim to offer an extended or long-term warranty, while only covering some parts of the new appliance or machine. This practice can make it confusing to figure out what is and what isn’t covered under the company’s warranty. As such, it is in your best interest to read through the fine print when you get your new mug press. That way, you will be able to determine what the warranty actually covers so that you won’t be surprised down the road should any part fail.
Can it also print on T-shirts, caps, plates, etc.?
If you are trying to start a printing business, then it is definitely a good idea, look for a machine that can do a bit more than just print on a mug. That way, you will be able to create lots of different merchandise to sell to your customers or items to help market your new business to the public.
In this instance, the F2C Pro Sublimation Heat Press Machine is the machine for the job. Not only can this product sublimate your designs onto mugs, but it can also be used on hats, plates, and shirts as well. All you need to do is switch out the heating plates, and you can quickly and easily place your design onto lots of different materials. This versatility makes it a great option for anyone that is looking to make some money in the world of printing and design.
How to make a mug with your own design?
Making a mug with a mug press is relatively straightforward. There are several basic steps that you need to follow each and every time to make sure you get a high-quality design.
- Select the image you desire to put on your mug. You can either make your own design or choose one from another source. Then, make sure it is the right size to be imprinted on the mug of your choice.
- Print out your image. Depending on what kind of press you purchase, you will need to print your design on either sublimate or heat transfer paper. Be sure to use the right paper for your machine for the best results.
- Set the mug with the design properly aligned in your press. Make sure that you tighten the press properly and that your design stays in place. That way, your design will look its very best.
- Enter the right time and heat level for your press.
- Allow the machine to operate for the proper amount of time.
- After the machine has turned off, remove your mug from the press.
- Take your transfer paper off IMMEDIATELY after you get your mug out of the press to make sure it doesn’t get stuck on the mug.
- Enjoy your new mug!